A sound performance in controlling the All Blacks-France quarter final will put referee Nigel Owens on track to handle his first World Cup final.
Owens has been a star performer at the tournament so far and there was general relief among New Zealand fans when he was handed the whistle for Sunday morning's knockout match at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
Refereeing the final would be the high point of his career, said the Welshman.
"A final is the pinnacle of any ref's career," he said.
Owens has won plaudits in the rugby world, not just for his control of games, but his honesty around his sexuality.
He has told others within the sport that it is 'safe' to come out after revealing in 2007 that he was gay.
The 44-year-old has thrived since coming out and said ahead of the tournament that it has 'been proven' that revealing your sexuality is safe in rugby.
Owens told the Radio Times: "I had two options. I could carry on living a lie, or I could come out and tell people who I am and give up refereeing."
"You can't blame rugby and say it's not safe [to come out]," he adds. '"It is safe. That's been proven."
His only regret is that he didn't come out earlier after it was revealed Owens attempted suicide because of fears over his sexuality.
"For what I put my family and friends through, I will never forgive myself," he adds.
The Welshman was the victim of homophobic abuse from supporters while he officiated England's game against the All Blacks at Twickenham last November.
The abuse was reported by other supporters and two fans were subsequently banned from the ground for two years and ordered to pay £1,000 each to a charity of Owens' choice.
At the time, Owens said: "I'd tell them to think twice about saying things, because it's not me they're hurting, it's the young kid sitting in the row in front who's maybe dealing with their own sexuality. The most difficult thing I ever had to do in my life was accepting I was gay.
"People say that I've broken down barriers by being a gay man in sport, but the true heroes here are the ones who don't stand by, who stand up and bring it to the attention of the governing bodies."
- Daily Mail and staff reporters
Source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/
Please visit my website: http://awsomegadgetsandtoysforgirlsandboys.com/lalaloopsy-girls-dolls/  and give me a facebook like or share or google plus. Leave a comment and put BLOGGER in bold, then i will go to your blog or website and return the favour. In the comment area i will also put BLOGGER in bold, so that you know where it comes from.